Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £23,500 to £25,000 per year
An opportunity exists at NDE (North Devon Electronics Ltd) for a University Graduate at Degree (or equivalent) level who possesses knowledge of current manufacturing methods and process techniques, preferably applicable to a coil winding business.
A suitable candidate will ideally have work experience in the areas of manufacturing and mechanical engineering.
Requisite skills include:
- An understanding of manufacturing and process optimisation
- Workflow concepts including single piece and Kanban
- Production process improvements
- Some experience with 3D modelling with CAD beneficial, but training could be provided
- Understanding of Lean Principles
- Problem solving techniques
- Identify improved methods including tools / fixtures for assembly
- Smooth workflow including bottleneck management
- Process optimisation using engineering and lean techniques
- Support new product introduction (NPI) activities
- Assist with Operator training, upskilling and competence development
The candidate must be:
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic about manufacturing processes
- Able to communicate effectively with all sectors of the business and work within a small team
Attributes of candidates – must be reliable, personable and accurate with numerical data.
Hours: Monday – Thursday 8am to 5pm, Friday 8am to 1pm
Holiday 20 days (increasing with service) + Bank Holidays
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
Business Developer / Project Leader
We have an opportunity for an experienced Business Developer / Project Leader to join NDE in an exciting role. We are experiencing a period of growth and offer the right candidate an opportunity to assist in further developing our sales and marketing. The right person will need to have previous experience of developing new business over the phone. You will be pro-active in finding and identifying leads and confident in calling potential new business targets. Technical sales experience or sales within a manufacturing industry would be advantageous. You will be a positive person who can demonstrate a proven track record in a sales role and keen to progress your career.
The Business Developer / Project Leader will be responsible for researching, identifying and developing new business opportunities and working closely with the sales, technical and production teams. A key responsibility will be to project manage the introduction of a new customer or product within NDE until it can be handed over to Sales Administration. This is primarily an office based role with some customer visits. The Business Developer / Project Leader will be responsible for our sub-contracted new media marketing and its effectiveness.
Duties will also include
- Pro-actively hunt out leads from industry sources, web sites, social media, business events and exhibitions
- Making initial calls and identifying if potential new business leads are in the right market
- Developing new business leads into clients
- Desk research of new opportunities
- Monitoring sales value against budget
- Ensuring that sales targets are met
The right person
- Pro-active personality with confident and professional telephone manner
- Previous experience of working in telephone based sales role, working to sales targets and developing new business opportunities
- Technical sales experience would be beneficial in Electronics or manufacturing industry
- Analytical skills, excellent communication skills and good team worker
- Ability to understand technical drawings advantageous but not essential
- You will have a positive and ‘can do’ attitude and be keen to grow and develop in the job
- Good all round IT skills including experience with Excel and Word.
In return we offer
- Opportunity to join a successful growing company
- Permanent position salary c£24k to £28k dependant on experience + bonus
- Hours Monday to Thursday 8.00am to 5.00pm Friday 8.00am to 1.00pm
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays increasing over time
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £24,000.00 to £28,000.00 /year